Wish you were here?
General policies & fine print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy: This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Local calls and 800 access calls
- Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access in guest rooms and all public areas
- In-Room PlayStation 3 Console with unlimited movies and games
- Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula, and Ukulele Lessons
- 20% discount on Lagoon Beach Toys (non-motorized)
- Keiki Pool Activities & Scavenger Hunt-Schedule listed on the back of Resort Activities Guide
- Fitness or Yoga Class at the Kohala Spa; One class per person, per day from the existing fitness schedule. Space is limited and reservations are recommended.
- Pool Toy inflation at Kona Pool and Lagoon Beach recreation desks. Inflatable pool toys will be available for purchase or guests may bring their own.
- Big Island Bird Talk with resident wildlife specialist. Daily at 10AM in the Main Lobby. The talk will last approximately 30 minutes and reservations are not required.
- Complimentary Photo Session and receive ONE (1) 4”x 8” photo. To schedule session, please visit the Resort Photography Desk located in the Main Lobby, next to Kona Tap Room
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current charge and inclusions when you check-in.
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating10282 reviews
This is THE HOTEL in Kona. Awesome!
Moved here after 2 nights at the Sheraton South of Airport. Joke of a hotel. I’ve worked in the hotel business for 25 years and have been responsible for up to 10 hotels in a region. I’ve worked for Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hilton and Hyatt in those 25. I know cleanliness, hospitality and attention to detail. THIS hotel has it all and more. Super friendly staff and clean updated rooms. Amenities to keep you busy for weeks. Snorkel in the on site lagoon with sea turtles! Dolphin Quest on site! Food superb! Parking easy. Tram easy. Elizabeth and Freida were amazing helping us re-book vacation after leaving Sheraton with zero PM program or inspection process for rooms. You spend all this time and money to get here, pick the right hotel. This one. Hilton has a great team at this hotel. Tip of hat Mr. Amos (GM). Thank you.
Great spot for a honeymoon
We went in June 2021 for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. The rooms are nice, but the amenities really made it a fantastic place to stay. We enjoyed both pools, went paddleboarding in the lagoon, watched gorgeous sunsets on the beach. The staff were all very helpful and professional.
Walking walking walking
Be prepared to spend 30 minutes to get from your room to the car . Place is beautiful but not customer friendly. You have to take a tram that will taken20 min or walk that will take 20 min. No quick get away to your car for flights or reservations . Plan on 30 extra minutes just to exit the property !
The hotel is outdated and in disrepair. The room we were assigned the first night was dirty (for example, hair in the sink). I checked in the day before our arrival as soon as I was able using the mobile app. We were assigned room 5315 at that time. The following day, when we arrived, we were told that there was a maintenance issue and the room we were originally assigned was no longer available. We were also told that there were no more one bedroom ocean front suites available to accommodate our reservation. After staying temporarily in one room, we settled on a standard room ocean front with two queen beds. On the second day of our stay, I learned that there was not, in fact, a maintenance issue but instead, another member of our party was given our room! That is completely unacceptable! Our stay started off horribly and nothing was really redeeming thereafter. There was no room service, minimal options for food, and the service was terrible. Will never stay at this hotel again!
Came here to celebrate my honeymoon! This resort is its own oasis! My only complain is that we did not schedule more time to enjoy it! We had full activities planned every day! Just make sure to make time to enjoy the facilities. Also the resort is huge and there is a lot of walking involved and the tram service is best compared to a Disney monorail but make sure to account for time getting around.