Wish you were here?
General policies & fine print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort fee inclusions:
• Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
• Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
• In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
• Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
• Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
• 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
• 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
• 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
• 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
• 20% off Waikiki Beach Activities for Elite Beach Package Rental, which includes: Two (2) chaise loungers, one (1) beach umbrella, lemon water spritz, water service and reef-safe sun block at the beach stand, and use of boogie boards, tubes, and rafts (based on availability and first come, first service. Guests must visit the Waikiki Beach Activities stand at the Super Pool to reserve and purchase this discounted package.
• Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
• Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change at any time. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating18735 reviews
Avoid this hotel!
Took almost 2hrs in line just to check in and wasn’t given a room until 7pm. The check in service was terrible. I spent almost 13k for 4 rooms for the family and we’ll definitely avoid this hotel at all cost.
DO NOT GO, CANCEL IF YOU HAVE PLANS
Not sure where to start. Post Pandemic (?) allowed too many people to fly and travel to this hotel and many others causing incredible discomfort for my wife and I. It took 2 hours to check in and then had to switch rooms the next day. When we were finally settled we went to the famous shrimp truck for lunch. We had our food and found a spot to sit near the lagoon. What happened there was horrible, a group of black women twerking, taking videos, being crude, loud and cursing. Next we tried to get something to eat after swimming in a way too crowded beach. After clean up we went to all of their restaurants only to find no availability and 100's of people everywhere. We walked down town and tried restaurant after restaurant to no avail with some having a 4 hour wait. The next day we went on a nice bus tour but when we arrived back late afternoon we could not find a place to eat. We ended up going to the resort ABC store, a 7-11 on steroids and got prepackaged sandwiches. The next day I woke at 5AM and was going to reserve 2 chairs near the pool. There were none available and there were non available the next 2 days. We were going to go to the beach again and found that we had to rent 2 chairs and an umbrella for $80 US dollars. Everything was way expensive there, probably 300% higher than normal in the states. The one restaurant we were finally able to get into was $80 per person without drinks or tip. We saw the food and it was not very good. Our table was in the middle of the floor just as you enter and the worst table in the place. The staff at the hotel were pleasant but there were not enough of them. Room cleaning is a joke. You must request it and hope to get someone in a couple days. We decided on day 4 of a 10 day trip to come home. We used LYFT to get to the airport at 5:30AM. The first driver took 25 minutes and when he arrived he said we had too many bags. My wife and I had 4 normal sized bags total for 10 days. He was extremely rude, cussed at us and drove off. The 2nd one showed 25 minutes after he accepted us. When he arrived he yelled at us for not being in the right place and proceeded to drive off. We begged him to help us, I could not get the last bag in the bag and he got out, pushed me, threw it in and slammed the trunk. He did not say one word more, blasted the radio and drove like a maniac. The lessons learned are the airlines are moving way too many people with incredibly crowded airports, resorts everywhere with too many people and not enough staff and restaurants that cannot handle the volume of people with not enough staff. This all was the worst experience I have had in my life when it comes to vacationing. My suggestion is to cancel and go somewhere else.
Rooms were comfortable,the property needs more restaurants and food options. Food was good but long wait times/lines and they close early. Additional entertainment options, especially after 8 PM, would be appreciated.
I recently stayed at this hotel for a week. Pros: lots of pools, easy access to the beach and restaurants, lots of activities, great for families, friendly staff, housekeeping was available, checking in went smoothly, loved the village shops, Rocky Teppanyaki is a must eat, and the grounds all around the resort were gorgeous. Cons: pools were always super crowded, pool slides were only open one at a time, room bathrooms were a bit tired, water heater in shower didn’t work sometimes, lines for everything (45 minute line for Starbucks at 6:00 in the morning!). Overall, I would recommend this resort if you are prepared to wait in lines and are ok with there being people everywhere. We used Hilton honors points to book our stay so it was well worth it (only 60k a night!), but for rates of $350 per night plus resort fee and $50 parking, this resort just isn’t worth it. Limiting the amount of people at the resort, getting more lifeguards, and renovating the rooms and or bathrooms would make this resort one of the best in Honolulu. (Note: we stayed in the Diamond Head Tower). Tips: A-joining rooms were given to us free of charge, the rainbow tower and lagoon tower seemed to have the best location, paradise pool has water slides but they always have a line, there are long waits at restaurants so make reservations if you can. If you do go, enjoy!!!!
Great hotel and even better amenities
This hotel was great and clean. We had a perfect ocean view and the amenities around the hotel are easy to get to. This is the hotel to stay at when you are in Waikiki. It is an easy walk to the downtown area and it is very safe to walk in the middle of the night. UBER and Lyft services are everywhere but I prefer the walk and enjoy the weather.