Wish you were here?
General policies & fine print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort fee inclusions:
• Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
• Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
• In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
• Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
• Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
• 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
• 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
• 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
• 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
• 20% off Waikiki Beach Activities for Elite Beach Package Rental, which includes: Two (2) chaise loungers, one (1) beach umbrella, lemon water spritz, water service and reef-safe sun block at the beach stand, and use of boogie boards, tubes, and rafts (based on availability and first come, first service. Guests must visit the Waikiki Beach Activities stand at the Super Pool to reserve and purchase this discounted package.
• Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
• Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change at any time. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating19194 reviews
All the bad reviews this resort has received are spot on. After reading all the negative reviews, we still decided to give the resort a try since everyone's experience is different. The resort was overcrowded, there was a shortage of poolside chairs, long line for towels every morning, crowded elevators, hefty prices for food and drink at the resort, and a chaotic check-in system. Not to mention, we have never stayed at a resort where you had to rent an umbrella & chairs on the resort's beach. I understand it is a public beach, but most resorts at minimum have a section blocked off with chairs & umbrellas provided for its guests. It is true that anyone from the public can come right on to the resort and use the pools. I witnessed this first hand. For the prices the guests are paying to use the ammenities on the property, this practice is entirely unacceptable. However, I'm giving it a 2 star rating for the impressive view from our balcony in the Rainbow Tower and the helpful service.
This was our first time coming Honolulu. The hotel was wonderful. The tours of the island, Micah at the Tour desk near Tapa Tower was exquisite. He set us up for an Island tour, the Luau at our hotel, informed us of the Fireworks on Friday and where to buy our T-shirts that were not as pricey. He gave us so much information that we had to give me an compliment. Personable and caring Micah is. Claire at 5th Mail and Key desk was so wonderful to us. We had to stay an extra day because my son got sick and she was so caring and loving towards me, an upset mother. I did have three complaints: 1). The trash cans in the Tapa Tower rooms are too small; 2). why are there no microwaves in the rooms? 3). Cindy Meyer, waiters at Tapa Bar has no customer service, was mean, dismissive and then when I explained I would be speaking to her manager she wanted to me nice and provide is with a free drink refill. My 10 year old even noticed how she was acting. Other than that, the hotel was wonderful, I would definitely come back.
Outstanding Resort With True Aloha Spirit
Our family visited the HHV for two weeks during 4th of July. We were fortunate to have 3 beautiful rooms next to each other in the Rainbow Tower. The views were fantastic, the rooms were comfortable and clean. Every staff member we contacted, especially the front desk, were kind, professional and extremely helpful. We especially liked the beach, and the ability to rent umbrella and chairs for added comfort. The young men working there were always helpful and offered some good tips on places to visit. We really enjoyed our meals and drinks at both Tropics and the Hau Tree Bar. The servers and bartenders were very attentive and friendly. Our family had a wonderful trip, and will not hesitate to visit again and make even more great memories.
Bucket List Checked
My son and I enjoyed a week stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It is a beautiful and spacious property which is located right on Waikiki Beach. Expect long lines because of how busy and large the hotels is. However, Rowel gave us excellent service at the front desk! We had a room in the rainbow tower overlooking the lagoon. It is a view that I will never forget. Also, We enjoyed the water sports in the Lagoon! Cole did a great job setting us up with a kayak and the aqua cycles. So fun! The resort has many swimming pools, restaurants, and shopping stores on the property. We enjoyed the two ABC stores! They have everything you need. We bought so much there from sushi to T-shirts! Of course, Hawaii is an expensive place to visit, and don’t be surprised by the additional resort fee. However, we made priceless memories and loved this hotel! We have Hawaii checked off of the bucket list, and we had an amazing time at the Hilton Hawaiian Village!
Don’t waste your money here. I stayed 5 nights at the Tapa Tower and I was very disappointed. The rooms were unsanitary and unkept. With mold in the air vents it is a health risk. Cannot believe we spent as much as we did to stay in a dump. In addition to the rooms being a complete dump, the crowding is overwhelming and the wait time for the elevators is absurd. If you’re a veteran, stay at the Hale Koa next door and enjoy the restaurants & shops at the Hilton, but don’t waste your precious money at the Hilton.