Wish you were here?
General policies & fine print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort fee inclusions:
• Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
• Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
• In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
• Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
• Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
• 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
• 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
• 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
• 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
• 20% off Waikiki Beach Activities for Elite Beach Package Rental, which includes: Two (2) chaise loungers, one (1) beach umbrella, lemon water spritz, water service and reef-safe sun block at the beach stand, and use of boogie boards, tubes, and rafts (based on availability and first come, first service. Guests must visit the Waikiki Beach Activities stand at the Super Pool to reserve and purchase this discounted package.
• Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
• Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change at any time. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating19585 reviews
Nice. Not great.
I am a Hilton Diamond member, so I obviously stay at a lot of Hilton properties. This massive property has nice grounds, a convenient location and a beautiful beach. The rainbow tower is ready for its refresh but the views are magnificent. The conference space is ample and convenient. Here are the areas that could use the most improvement: 1. Given the time difference from the mainland, the hotel is bustling by 6am. However, the pools don’t open until 8am. 2. There is insufficient pool deck space — and quantity of lounge chairs — for the size of the property. They are crazy about returning towels (a card system that charges you $20 if you lose) and “saving” pool spots. I had walked away from my chair at 9:21 and by 9:30 they had left a nasty gram that my stuff would be removed by 10:30 if I wasn’t there. Keep in mind this property is MASSIVE (7 buildings) and my daughter was operating in a walking boot. We were back before 10:30, but that system is excessive. We also saw the note left on the chairs of people IN the pool. It’s a POOL. You are allowed to spend the majority of your time in the water if you wish. It’s not the patrons’ fault you haven’t designed your pools to scale with your property. 3. Our flight was delayed and there is no where for food service late (11pm). 4. It does not seem that online check in ever works and the wait lines for check in/out are INSANE if you are not an priority/hhonors member. 5. This is one of the first resort hiltons I have visited that had no breakfast buffet. All in all, this is a nice property but it kind of feels like it’s too big to operate at a really high level.
Nice hotel but its outdated and the resort fee's aren't worth it
This hotel is nice but compared to others on the beach that are cheaper and very modern it was not worth the money, For starters we were hit with a extra bill for over $400 for a resort charge, Its very expensive there also, a simple breakfast of a sandwich and coffee will run you about $50 a day. The views were amazing and every morning we would walk in the beach at sunrise and have to step around homeless people, I was really surprised to see so many people sleep on the beach. You have to rent out your umbrellas and chairs if you want to sit on the beach in comfort I think it was $25 a chair and $49 for an umbrella. Forget about sitting around the pool. If you aren't lined up by 6am to go lay a towel on a seat you wont get one. We had a great holiday in Hawaii off the resort but when we go back we will not be staying at the Hilton.
Great property but cleanliness was a big concern.
I want to begin this review on a positive note. The property is beautiful and the lagoon and beach area really make the hotel fun. My husband is a Hilton Diamond member so we travel a lot and stay exclusively at Hilton hotels. Our experience here wasn't 5 stars. I feel that this hotel has gone downhill since the last time we stayed here a few years ago. When we checked in the girl was very curt and short with us. We asked if we get a food credit she told us no and when we insisted that she check because of the diamond status she then told us it was $18 a day for each of us. When asked what restaurants we could use it at she told us "Tropics" on the beach. We found out later when we were checking out that they had a list of restaurants that the credit could be used at but she didn't give us that paper. We didn't feel that the staff in general was very helpful especially the front desk. When we arrived at the room we commented that it didn't look very clean. Later that night, when we got ready to take our showers my husband noticed that one of the towels had a blood stain on it. It had obviously been washed but the bloodstain was still there. That towel should have been thrown away! When getting into bed my pillow had a big hair on it. I tossed the pillow aside but now I'm really starting to become concerned about the cleanliness. The next morning we stopped at the front desk and informed them about the hair & bloodstain. The reply was no problem I'll make sure housekeeping gives you a fresh pillowcase and new towel. That's was it. No apology or I'll inform my manager so this doesn't happen again. He was very casual about it like this happens all the time. Needless to say we were very disappointed with the cleanliness and attitudes of some of the staff. I have some pictures to prove my point. Next time we are here we will consider one of the other Hilton properties.
Beautiful Property-Very busy hotel
Eventhough the property was Beautiful and in the Center Of Waikiki Beach it was extremely busy hotel and area. The beach area was nice. I thought the parking at 62.00-72.00 per night was ridiculous! Don't rent a car if you are not planning on going anywhere. The beach chairs were $25.00 per day per person. The umbrella was $35.00 per day. We were nickel and dimed for everything. Dinner there were only 2-restaurants. Next time we will stay at the North Shore. Way too many crowds, people. etc
Great stay - don't miss the fireworks on Friday nights!
From the reviews, it seems the location of your hotel room may make a difference. We stayed in the Kalia Tower. The room was very clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable. The A/C worked great and wasn't noisy at night. There was a coffee maker and fridge, but no other kitchen facilities. We really enjoyed the wonderful fireworks display on Friday night. Be aware that The Hilton isn't cheap and there are a lot of taxes added on, in addition to the resort fees and parking fees. Check in and out can be a long process. The resort is busy, but it's a short distance to find a peaceful park or beach to enjoy. There are two ABC stores within the resort - these stores are found on almost every block in downtown Honolulu and are a great place to find a quick snack or drinks and great souvenirs. The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and helpful. Although expensive, the Tropics restaurant is a great place to sit outside or at the bar and watch the sunset. The waitstaff are terrific and you will never feel rushed. Overall, a great stay.