TripAdvisor traveler ratingbased on 18510 reviews
Wish you were here?
General policies & fine print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort fee inclusions:
• Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
• Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
• In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
• Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
• Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
• 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
• 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
• 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
• 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
• 20% off Waikiki Beach Activities for Elite Beach Package Rental, which includes: Two (2) chaise loungers, one (1) beach umbrella, lemon water spritz, water service and reef-safe sun block at the beach stand, and use of boogie boards, tubes, and rafts (based on availability and first come, first service. Guests must visit the Waikiki Beach Activities stand at the Super Pool to reserve and purchase this discounted package.
• Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
• Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change at any time. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating18510 reviews
Hilton Hawaiian village
I went to the Hilton in Hawaii and I hade an amazing time there Hawaii is truly paradise when I was at the Hilton I had a great time friendly people and nice quarters but there where few restaurants options but you were able to eat out of the village and there were many restaurants near buy with in walking distance
I enjoyed my stay overall. The room itself was very nice. On a high floor; spacious 1-bedroom unit with a great balcony view of the water. The resort is huge, so I did get lost trying to find my room, but the staff are very helpful and happy to point in the right direction. Food from the restaurants is good, albeit overpriced (not a surprise, though, really). Check-in was fine, though I was a little nonplussed to have the lady tell me my points redemption for the room I got was "super high". Oh swell, lol! I picked up a turkey wrap from the on-site store, and when I opened it in my room soon after (like not even 10 minutes), found it to be mushy and soft. Not at all appetizing or even edible, frankly. That was a disappointment. But, the grounds are amazing! Defo take the time to explore if you can! Express checkout was super handy, as I was out to my next adventure by 6am. I also really appreciated the onsite Starbucks that opened at 5:30.
Perfect spring break 2020
Our family stayed here as a last second switch from a NYC trip due to COVID-19, so we didn't do a lot of research. We found the hotel staff exceedingly pleasant and helpful through check-in and the luggage process. We had two spacious and well-maintained rooms with ocean balcony views in the Tapa Tower. The beds were comfortable and housekeeping did a great job of accommodating our schedule. We enjoyed the many restaurants around the village (shout out to Blue Water Shrimp for great food/pineapple smoothies and Round Table Pizza) and the shopping in the village was a nice mix of stores. The unsung MVP of the trip was the ABC Store in the hotel, where we found ourselves constantly stopping at. The ice cream shops were great as well. Shaved Ice was a highlight! Due to COVID, we caught the last luau on the island indoors on Thursday night, and it was a lot of fun (would have loved to see it outside under the stars, in a more intimate setting). We thoroughly enjoyed the large, beautiful beach area, and saw plenty of fish/turtles/whales just swimming from shore. The pools were well maintained and my only complaint is the "towel card" process is a bit of a hassle. If you are looking for a great hotel with comfortable accommodations, wonderful amenities and fun for the whole family, this is the place. It isn't uber-luxurious, but for 99% of the people in the world, it is a very nice, perfectly situated historical gem, staffed with great employees who care about their guests.
Best in Waikiki
We've stayed here 3 times in the past 4 years, and every time was enjoyable. The beach is probably the best spot in Waikiki, with sandy bottoms instead of the sporadic rocks/coral that the shoreline heading south to Diamond Head has in some places. With walking distance to Ala Moana Shopping Center, and convenient parking ($49/day), it's a great place to be to enjoy paradise. Just make sure to head out to the Windward side of the island to enjoy Kailua Beach and other activities too.
Great atmosphere in the village. You can pretty much buy all of your souvenirs here too. We stayed in the Rainbow Tower which is right on the oceanfront. Amazing views and a fantastic beach. Lovely calm waters and life on the beach till late hours. Waikiki is definitely the place to be in Hawaii. Rooms are clean, with balcony and modern decor.