TripAdvisor traveler ratingbased on 18505 reviews
Wish you were here?
General policies & fine print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort fee inclusions:
• Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
• Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
• In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
• Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
• Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
• 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
• 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
• 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
• 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
• 20% off Waikiki Beach Activities for Elite Beach Package Rental, which includes: Two (2) chaise loungers, one (1) beach umbrella, lemon water spritz, water service and reef-safe sun block at the beach stand, and use of boogie boards, tubes, and rafts (based on availability and first come, first service. Guests must visit the Waikiki Beach Activities stand at the Super Pool to reserve and purchase this discounted package.
• Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
• Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change at any time. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating18505 reviews
Stayed here in June 2019. Was nice to sleep in. For price no breakfast included. Ate at restaurant there once almost $100 for 3 people, not worth it. Housekeeping was excellent,staff very friendly and helpful, pool way to small, and shallow, beach gets crowded, but lots of places to eat walking distance
First visit time in Hawaii....may certainly come again
My friends and me stayed at Honolulu for 6 nights, and had a WONDERFULLY relaxing stay. We were looking for a quiet, calming, rejuvenating vacation, and it's exactly what we received. The hotel is really huge is we were lost twice or more. The pools are absolutely beautiful, we stayed in an Ocean-facing room (beautiful view from 6th floor). If you are looking for a relaxing getaway in a beautifully appointed/warm-feeling resort, you must give Hilton Hawaiian Village a try!
Was looking forward to this location but was let down.
Let's start with the room and view. I opted to get a room with a partial ocean view. Not worth the extra money. You would have to lean over the balcony to see the ocean. Was very misleading. If you look straight out the window, you see building. I pool area was very nice and there was a water slide that my grandson enjoyed. It resort is massive. It is a retail mecca if that is what you are looking for. Food is expensive and a challenge. There was not one meal we had that was either cold, mico waved or lacking in flavor. The constantly severed micro waved fries. When I sent them back they came over fried. I think they cook them in advance and then just warm them up. Rooms are a good size Best part of this vacation was getting a car and going to the other side of the island. Would not stay here again.
Impressive vast property
My husband & I stayed here for one week last fall in an ocean view room facing the beach. The room was nothing to write home about, it was dated, things were in need of repair, etc... but the hotel itself is a huge property with everything you need. Numerous restaurants, bar, Ice cream shop, so shopping & dining are covered... one doesn’t even need to leave the resort, if they didn’t want to. My favorites were the ice cream shop, ABC stores & the Honolulu Cookie Company. It was a really busy place... lots of cruise passengers, so the line ups to check in was very long. Line up for the taxis was also long... so was the line for the ice cream shop. The pools were always crowded, as was the beach... But the Friday night fireworks show on the beach was great. I’m not sure if we’d stay here again... b/c it was a little too busy for me. But I did love how there was so much shopping & dining on site, it was super convenient... but maybe now without the cruise ship passengers, it would be quieter & calmer.
Grounds are very nice. Multiple pools which always still seemed crowded. Overall clean. Room was okay and bathroom was fine. Mini fridge in room. Can have early check in for like fifty dollars ( we were an hour early and I had zero desire to drag luggage around). Walkable area compared to Maui and the big island. Check in is a mess with a ton of guest trying to check in, They really need more staff at check in desk. Easy to catch a cab. They just blow a whistle and one pulls up for you.