Wish you were here?
General policies & fine print
Holiday cancel penalty applies when any portion of reservation falls under holiday period, including all stay-throughs.
Minimum night stay requirements may apply to your reservation.
A major credit card imprint is required upon check-in with the front desk before signing privileges on incidentals will be extended. At the time of check-in, the front desk will also pre-authorize the credit card for incidentals based on the length of stay.
Convention attendees cannot book this property for their convention stay, they must book through the proper convention source. Convention attendees that violate this policy will be responsible for paying any higher rates and may not be eligible for any promotional offerings.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Room requests are not guaranteed and are based upon availability at check-in.
Resort Fee - A mandatory hotel-imposed fee is charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out.
Hotel Mandatory hotel imposed resort fee inclusions:
- Overnight self-parking for one vehicle per room
- Unlimited basic Wi-Fi access in guest rooms and public areas (ALL members receive an upgrade to premium speed internet access and ALL Platinum members receive $20 credit towards spa services)
- Wellness classes (please see our weekly complimentary wellness offerings at the Spa Without Walls)
- Complimentary shuttle bus service within the Mauna Lani Resort area
- Two branded reusable water bottles per room, per stay, to be filled at purified water stations located throughout the resort. It’s part of our Planet 21 sustainability pledge to reduce single-use plastics and minimize our carbon footprint.
- Hawaiian Cultural Classes & Resort Activities (please see our weekly activity schedule at the Concierge)
- Lei greeting upon arrival
- Complimentary snorkel equipment rental for one hour (available to each guest, per day—resort use only). Guests who purchase Fun & Sun passes may sign out snorkel equipment multiple times per day.
- 45-minute photo session with Pacific Dream Photography (reservations required, photos available for purchase)
- Unlimited North America Long Distance Calls (Canada & America)
The Resort Charge does not include overnight valet parking currently at $25.00 per night, per vehicle (rate is subject to change without notice).
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed fees may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current fee and inclusions when you check-in
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating5866 reviews
The Perfect Summer
We stayed at the Fairmont Orchid for a family vacation/work retreat. The resort was beautiful, classic, but family friendly. The staff was attentive and accommodating. We definitely recommend. The best part was our photography session. The photographer was great with our family and included our ideas, but great ideas of his own. The pictures were awesome and perfect for our Christmas Cards.
The service at this hotel is spectacular. The team was so friendly and helpful from the greeting we received when we pulled up in our car, to the front desk staff, to the cleaning staff, to the restaurant staff - amazingly nice and committed to making our stay one we would not forget. Our room was beautiful, with an ocean view and a balcony. It was just so peaceful to drink coffee each morning. The highlight for us was the buffet breakfast - the most delicious fruit, pastries, and hot food. If we were visiting the Big Island, we would stay here again.
Fantastic Hotel and great protected beach for kids
The hotel and resort grounds are immaculate! We stayed on the Gold Floor and the customer service from check in to check out was excellent. Highly recommend this hotel! The beach is a little rocky but the lagoon is protected and excellent for snorkeling with children. There are turtles lots of fish right off the beach.
Best hotel on the big island
Truly awesome venue. Beautiful property excellent five star service everywhere Amazing professional staff Amazing food also with amazing professional staff Meticulous grounds with all kinds of opportunities to relax and enjoy Hawaii at its very best
Very nice, well maintained resort in a secluded area.
Truly a well maintained and operated resort -- restaurants, bars and golf courses. Nice pool and views of the Pacific. The breakfast buffet (with omelet/eggs to order station) is pricey but well worth the $$. There are several restaurants and grocery store nearby -- free shuttle service to them. The staff is exceptional!