TripAdvisor traveler ratingbased on 597 reviews
Wish you were here?
General policies & fine print
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating597 reviews
very unsatisfied with my stay
there was various colors of mold on most surfaces,most my items had to be washed multiple times due to they strongly smelled of mold when i returned home. i had felt sick from the mold when i stayed in the building, headache, coughing and wheezing. i only experience this when i get exposed to mold, and it took 2 weeks after my stay for the symptoms to go away, it wasn't a strand of a common cold, i got checked out and the dr said that it was most likely mold exposure. the hotel was disgusting! your photos are a major false advertisement, hundreds of cieling tiles are mis colord, hundreds more are simply missing! nearly all my friends had complained of headaches and other illnesses upon entering the building. my ceiling had leaked, causing severe damage to my mascot suit,parts of it weren't able to be repaired.i would like for that to be replaced, but i don't think that will happen.my luggage bags had to be thrown away.they had growing mold, it returned every time i tried to clean them.
Just What we needed
Stayed there with my wife one night on way to NYC for some business. Booked room through Priceline for $59.00. I read reviews and was spooked by horrible ratings. The room was fine, hotel outdated yes but clean and fine for our overnight and price was right. Use Priceline.
Warning! I could not go lower than one star.
Just don't do it, try someplace else. The whole place is tired and needs to be retired or refitted. Smelly room, broken stuff in the hotel, doors, pool, all sorts of things. It must have been a nice place 30 years ago but now it ought to be condemned.
2 Stars too many
This hotel was once a nice place to visit and certainly a great venue for a convention. Sadly the staff and owners of this place obviously care very little about the upkeep and cleanliness of their hotel or the general health and safety of their guests. During my latest stay my group (4 people) were booked in writing to a double room but were forced at last moment into a single Kingsized room, leaving 2 of us to sleep on a cold (carpeted) concrete floor with NO bedding of any kind. The room itself was generally nice but upon closer inspection yielded materials and more from previous visitors. Several other guests I had chatted with revealed many rooms with leaky ceilings which leaked right onto their beds. While walking the guest hallways, I had spied occassional large cockroaches in random places. The pool area had leaks all along its periphery along with moldy falling ceiling tiles, and the pool itself had a black layer of grime along most of its floor. Many of the Conference rooms and public areas had leaking ceilings, moldy tiles, carpeting, and incredibly rusted and peeling support beams exposed. Sadly this place seems to just care about the money they rake in under its questionable 2star rating while using none of it to repair anything that's wrong with this place. I will personally never stay here again.
I can't imagine this place lasting much longer
This hotel is crumbling down around itself, and it has gotten worse over the years. This is the last year of the Furpocalypse convention here, so I figured I'd give it one last whirl. The Quality Inn across the street has improved itself to where it's better than this property, but it is horribly unsafe to cross Berlin Road during the day. I had originally (if memory serves me right) reserved a double room in May. Wednesday before the stay, I asked for the newer section in the back of the house which are bigger rooms, and was told "no problem". I was never informed I was switched to a king until the day of arrival. Staff, obviously under orders, would not move us no matter how persistent. That was just one part of the problem. Compensation thus far was two free drink vouchers that I only later discovered to be limited to $7. This was the 9th year of Furpocalypse, formerly FurFright, an annual Halloween themed anthropomorphic convention, at this hotel. The hotel was great then. I only started coming here since 2012, and words cannot describe how absolutely atrocious the condition of the building has become. Just within the last couple of years, there's been water intrusion all over, mold and mildew all over, mushrooms growing out of rotting sill plates, and ceiling tiles falling out of the grid because they're soaked. My room in particular, when I arrived, was missing the toilet tank lid and replaced with a painted piece of cardboard. Like, really? That's pathetic. I can also get into many other code violations, and now much of what I observed can be translated into OSHA violations (this is also a workplace too), but we'd be here all day watching me write an entire book on this place. The mold and mildew growing all over I'm sure has caused my head and chest congestion to flare up again after I JUST got over something. It is a shame to see what used to be an icon of the area turn into a rotting, festering pile of whatever. I have found pictures of this place from 1960 when it was the Lord Cromwell Motor Inn. What was thought to be a need to expand the place for added business, including three catastrophic fires between 1978 and 1985, ended up proving to a futile attempt at cost saving measures which just turned into a health and safety disaster. It was not worth the $150/night I was paying.