Wish you were here?
LocationAcross the street from Waikiki Beach
General policies & fine print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention attendees cannot book this property for their convention stay, they must book through the proper convention source. Convention attendees that violate this policy will be responsible for paying any higher rates upon arrival and may not be eligible for any promotional offerings.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed daily resort fee is charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out.
Hotel Mandatory hotel imposed resort fee inclusions:
• Wireless high-speed Internet access
• Access to Island Club and Spa’s fitness facilities
• $20.00 spa credit per room per stay at Island Club and Spa, redeemable for massage, couples’ massage and facials
• Hawaiian cultural classes
• Aqua Fit classes
• Swell pool deck amenities
• Eco-friendly water bottle, refillable at purified water stations throughout resort
• In-room Keurig coffee makers with ‘Alohilani’s custom special blend coffee/tea
• Self-service 24-hour workspace: boarding pass printing and copying services
• Surfboard storage: self-serve locking surfboard racks with unlimited use during your stay
• Unlimited local and 60 minutes long distance/international telephone calls
• Children 5 and under eat free at the breakfast buffet with paying adult. Children 6-12 are half price.
• Daily local newspaper available at front desk
• Children’s 'Alohilani activity provided at check-in
• Educational tank talks with an Oceanarium diver
• Portable phone chargers for use, based on availability. See Guest Services.
• $50.00 off when you spend $250.00 or more at Trina Turk located at International Market Place (conditions apply)
• Self-parking for the first night of your stay will be upgraded to valet-parking service (pay for self-parking and receive valet parking service)
• Complimentary gift with purchase from Malie Organics located in the Shops at ‘Alohilani, lobby level
• One (1) small coffee from Kai Coffee per room, per stay (located in lobby level)
• Access to the Honolulu Museum of Art—present your valid ‘Alohilnani Resort room key for admission
• Daily showing of ‘Alohilani Resort’s new video art installation “Light Monument” by Hawaiian artist, Joseph Pa’ahana at Swell Pool & Bar
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed fees may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current fee and inclusions when you check-in.
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating1459 reviews
This was a vacation for my husband and my first vacation without kids in 17 years. I couldn’t have asked for anything more from a resort. Location was great, very clean even with COVID restrictions. Highly recommend!!!
Beautiful Oceanfront Close to Everything!
Loved our stay at the Alohilani. Can't beat the oceanfront room and view for the price. Great amenities from high end to casual to meet all your needs. Wonderful staff, and loved the ABC store downstairs in the building. Would 10/10 recommend!
Not worth it- not even close.
Honestly- for a hefty price tag I expected a lot more. Charging 40$ per night for self park and no one to help you with your bags is steep. There was hardly a hello at check in which was disappointing. Not to mention we were just left to carry all our own bags, no offer of help or even direction- just a hasty encouragement to park our car before we were towed (literally as we were checking in). The rooms are tiny- we paid for an ocean view and all we mostly see is a parking lot. This was no discount we got either- we very much paid full price :/ (which we’re definitely regretting now). Just generally upset and wishing for even a modicum of customer service.
Alohinani is a beautiful hotel! Their accommodations are top notch—beautiful room, gorgeous view, spacious lounge/lobby area, fabulous pool area, outstanding front desk and housekeeping staff. Appreciated all the pandemic-related safety measures put in place!
Overpriced and snoopy
I stayed here for 6wks for work. Yes, staff literally searched guests rooms the drawers and closets on cleaning days taking belongings from there. I do not see why anyone books here over the neighboring beachfront hotels that are cheaper. The rooms are basic, the gym is nice for a hotel and i enjoyed the pool but otherwise nothing about it stands out. There was a ton of people placed here by my company some as long as 13 weeks. Housekeeping searched the rooms during their cleaning taking/confiscating items from drawers and closests. Housekeeping has no right to open guests drawers and take their property. Yes, this is true coworkers had items in drawers taken by the hotel staff during the cleaning day. The hotel also originally offered us a special deal if we wanted to extend after our work contract ended. Then when some tried to extend their stay after their contract ended were told they would have to pay the full price. We are all nurses brought in to help with the COVID crisis, this hotel was allowed by the state to reopen specifically to house us. They showed such disrespect to us. Our company paid a lot of money housing over 100 nurses here.