Wish you were here?
Set along a half-mile stretch of Ka’anapali’s most exclusive beach, golfers, active travelers and honeymooners will enjoy upscale accommodations amidst a welcoming Hawaiian ambiance. Home to a popular luau, it offers a wide variety of gracious facilities including oceanfront pools, tennis, 18-holes of pristine golf nearby, a beach activities center, several restaurants and a poolside grill.
General policies & fine print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Amenity Fee includes:
- Wellness Classes: Daily classes to be held (see resort activity sheet for details of times)
- Hawaiian Cultural Classes: Daily Classes to be held including, lau hala weaving, hula lessons and ukulele
- Hiu Wai (Traditional Hawaiian Cleaning) ritual at Sunrise on the beach
- In-Room Coffee: Enjoy a selection of signature Kona coffee and tea from the convenience of your guest room
- Internet Access: High speed internet wireless access in guest rooms and throughout the resort
- Phone Calls: Unlimited local and long-distance calls including up to 60 minutes of international calls per day
- Sunscreen and After Sun Lotion: Reef Safe and available at the resort pool area.
- Self-service 24-hour workplace: Complimentary boarding pass printing and copying services
- Spa Service Credit: $20.00 per room per stay at Alana Spa - Please note spa services must be reserved in advance at an additional charge
- Fitness Center: Daily access to the Fitness Facilities.
- Self-Guided Botanical Tour of the Royal Lahaina Resort
- Shuffleboard and Bocci Ball available oceanside of hotel
- Resort Shuttle Service: Ka’anapali trolley service to Whalers Village Shops/Restaurants and select Ka’anapali hotels
- Hawaiian Vintage Postcard per stay from the Royal Lahaina Trading Company
- Personalized Guest Messaging Service
- Refillable Water Bottle Stations
The fee amount, taxes, and inclusions are subject to change at any time without notice. The resort amenity fee is per room per night.
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating
advised working on the cottages. stayed in the tower. workers were looking into my room. construction debree on the patio couldn't use it. front desk said that that is what i payed for. booked through Air Canada vacations. Kitchen was very slow and limited. Walked out at breakfast as it never came. Checked out and told them the bill was wrong. They said they would fix it. Not only did they not fix it, they increased it. Someone was using my room number for their meals. Got home and contacted them and they again said they would look into it. Last I heard from them. Suggest you cancel your credit card when you leave.
My family and I stayed at the Royal Lahaina Resort and Bungalow Aug 3-8 plus 2 days dues to the fires. First and foremost I'd like to thank the entire Royal Lahaina staff for their continued kindness and generosity during our stay. I cannot imagine it was easy especially remaining clam without full knowledge of their own families wellbeing and property. As mentioned in pervious reviews the hotel is older however renovations are taking place. Our rooms were spacious, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. There are several tennis courts on property and my sister and I were able to play a few games. Pro tip, get the breakfast buffet! The food is delicious with fresh fruit and other breakfast favorites, however the pastries and omelet station are the stars of the show!! The views surrounding the hotel and pool area are picturesque and the ocean was literally a few steps away. My family and I also enjoyed the Luau offered by the hotel! It was informative and provided valuable insight into the Polynesian culture. My favorite part about the resort was the tranquil and peaceful vibe! The pool area and beach chairs were never crowded. Thank you again for a wonderful stay and a safe trip to the airport!
A Good Resort for a Maui Vacation
Check in was easy with a friendly staff. Stayed in a bungalow. It was clean and comfortable. Had a nice patio that overlooked the grounds and the ocean. For the price of the rooms not having daily housekeeping seems odd. The beach is easily accessible and was not crowded. Bring beach chairs. The resort only provides them for a charge which again for the price you pay to stay seems ridiculous. There are 2 pools. They stayed pretty crowded most days The resort charges a daily parking fee if you have a rental car. We stayed a week and the parking fees add up. This is a negative. The on-site luau was entertaining and the food was ok. It was a good experience but not necessarily worth the high cost. The resort is just a 10 minute drive to the shops,bars and restaurants on Front Street. We ate there every night Lots of variety and better value then the restaurant at the resort Check out was easy. The resort is about a 30 minute drive to the airport depending on traffic
Absolutely the Best Hotel in Maui
Wow where do I start, we’ve been coming to the Royal Lahaina Resort every year since 2008, sometimes twice a year. We have brought many family and friends with us to celebrate different milestones. We got to know the Food & Beverage Manager Ford Ushijima and now consider him as our Ohana (family) he is just Amazing! We have become friends with the entire staff there and they have always treated us as royalty! I could not stay anywhere else but here, as we consider the RLR our home away from home. If you’re planning a visit, please consider The Royal Lahaina, as you will not be disappointed. Mahalo
We were onsite during the natural disaster that occurred in Lahaina. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that all guests were comfortable during this time of uncertainty. The professionalism displayed was commendable.