Wish you were here?
Set along a half-mile stretch of Ka’anapali’s most exclusive beach, golfers, active travelers and honeymooners will enjoy upscale accommodations amidst a welcoming Hawaiian ambiance. Home to a popular luau, it offers a wide variety of gracious facilities including oceanfront pools, tennis, 18-holes of pristine golf nearby, a beach activities center, several restaurants and a poolside grill.
General policies & fine print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Amenity Fee includes:
- Wellness Classes: Daily classes to be held (see resort activity sheet for details of times)
- Hawaiian Cultural Classes: Daily Classes to be held including, lau hala weaving, hula lessons and ukulele
- Hiu Wai (Traditional Hawaiian Cleaning) ritual at Sunrise on the beach
- In-Room Coffee: Enjoy a selection of signature Kona coffee and tea from the convenience of your guest room
- Internet Access: High speed internet wireless access in guest rooms and throughout the resort
- Phone Calls: Unlimited local and long-distance calls including up to 60 minutes of international calls per day
- Sunscreen and After Sun Lotion: Reef Safe and available at the resort pool area.
- Self-service 24-hour workplace: Complimentary boarding pass printing and copying services
- Spa Service Credit: $20.00 per room per stay at Alana Spa - Please note spa services must be reserved in advance at an additional charge
- Fitness Center: Daily access to the Fitness Facilities.
- Self-Guided Botanical Tour of the Royal Lahaina Resort
- Shuffleboard and Bocci Ball available oceanside of hotel
- Resort Shuttle Service: Ka’anapali trolley service to Whalers Village Shops/Restaurants and select Ka’anapali hotels
- Hawaiian Vintage Postcard per stay from the Royal Lahaina Trading Company
- Personalized Guest Messaging Service
- Refillable Water Bottle Stations
The fee amount, taxes, and inclusions are subject to change at any time without notice. The resort amenity fee is per room per night.
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating
Great time! Everybody we dealt with was great. Front desk was super friendly and knew what they were talking about when we had questions. The gentlemen that helped us with the beach equipment were so friendly. Our valet guys were quick and friendly. We went to the restaurant our last night. Victor was a great waiter! He made sure our drinks were never empty & we were taken care of. The staff here was great all around. The live music that was there our last night was great!
Dream Vacation to Hawaii
I went to Hawaii to celebrate my daughter's accomplishment of graduating from college. This was our dream vacation. I will never stay at the Royal Lahaina again. The cleaning service was not good. There were small bugs in the room. I had to spray freshener.
Exceptional Peaceful Atmosphere!
I arrived at the hotel and found out that there was an upgrade due to plumbing issues in one of their bungalows. So, I stayed in the Royal main Hotel and what a beautiful experience. The property grounds or area is extremely clean and well kept, I totally enjoyed the ice cream shop and their Convenient Store. My room had really nice air conditioning. The Royal main Hotel has working elevators and ice machines on the floor, clean towels and wide screen television. I was glad they do Not have microwave ovens in the rooms because Microwaves are not clean. The Restaurants were there in the Hotel, along with the Pool and the beach is clean and super close. The menu food was delicious. Birds are out and the birds will literally help themselves to your food. So cover up your plate and DO NOT walk away and leave food on your plate unattended - birds will help themselves. People were kind and kept to themselves so if you want a Resort that is quiet and you can be alone without any hassle from anyone, the Royal Hotel is for you. They have activities going on and their is an Agency right there on the grounds and can assist you with even more activities on the Island. The workers at Reservation and other employed people were very helpful without being annoying. Its quiet after the Restaurant closes and make sure you bring your computer to watch a movie because their TV programs shut down early and there is nothing at all to watch on TV. So, I think the walls are kind of thin so do not be afraid if you hear sounds coming from the the walls or floor throughout the night. Its perfect for SOLO individuals who might be traveling alone--You will fit right in. I had a long flight before arriving because the Hawaii flight cancelled, but after arriving to the hotel, I was back being myself and in a great mood because of the atmosphere in the hotel as well as on the property of the Royal Lahaina. Please Come and experience for yourself. Aloha
We stayed in an oceanfront Bungalow and it could not have been more peaceful, beautiful and incredible. Just being able to walk out your door straight to a patio to listen to the birds and the waves was such an experience. The accessibility of having the beach steps away once out on the patio was the best way we could have experienced the beach. We went to several beach areas on Maui during our visit, but the one at the resort really was the best one. The waves were calmest for playing and swimming with the kids and it was clean and not too crowded-everything you want!
Sunset dinner at the Royal Lahaina
We had a spectacular evening, great service, wonderful meal, lovely music. The quintessential Maui experience. It was so real, so lovely we would highly recommend that you visit the Royal Lahaina as part of your visit to Maui. Island life at its best! 🌴