Wish you were here?
Secrets St. James Montego Bay presents guests with a peaceful, relaxing oceanfront setting surrounded by the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean. The resort’s classic décor and echo the sophistication of the island's British colonial era with sumptuous suites and the ultimate in amenities with the Unlimited-Luxury® of gourmet restaurants, bars and lounges, and the paradise of Secrets Spa by Pevonia®. For those wishing to turn up the excitement, there’s the Secret’s Wild Orchid Montego Bay Resort right next door with its welcoming Jamaican vibe.
UNIQUE SELLING POINTS
• AAA Four Diamond award-winning resort since 2011
• Just 15 minutes from Montego Bay International Airport
• Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
• Luxurious all-suite resort with a British Colonial design featuring stunning ocean and ocean front views
• Romantically inclined, reserved, yet relaxing atmosphere
• Free-flow access for guests to Secrets Wild Orchid’s facilities next-door
• Butler service is available for all room categories*
Guests staying in the Preferred Club Swim Out or higher room category will receive personalized butler service at no extra cost. Guests staying in Junior Suites and Preferred Club Junior Suites can purchase the butler service for an additional cost.
• Promenade between both resorts featuring shops, restaurants, piano bar, theatre, game lounge and more
• Authentic Jamaican jerk chicken & beef patty carts at the beach and pool daily
• Boasts a 300-yard dedicated beach area with calm water that’s perfect for swimming, snorkeling and water sports
• Guests have access to the resort’s private catamaran (additional costs may apply)
• Recently enhanced spa featuring unique spa cabins, a yoga garden and more
• One of two Secrets Resorts & Spas in Montego Bay
• Features 3 Wedding Gazebos, 2 of which are on the piers overlooking pristine waters
• Boasts a state-of-the-art convention center, approximately 10,000 sq. ft.
• Located within close proximity of 5 major championship golf courses, 3 of which are world-renowned
• Situated near Montego Bay’s famous “Hip Strip” and other local points of interest
General policies & fine print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - Spring Breakers are not permitted at this Hotel. A student group consist of those that travel without parent or a responsible adult in each room. This could refer to but not limited to high school or college students booking multiple rooms. The hotel reserves the right to deny lodging to any reservation of this type.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price. Minimum night stay restrictions may apply. Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- No Show Penalty: 100% of balance due Applies: Sunday - Saturday 05May16 - 31Dec50
Ratings & reviews
TripAdvisor traveler rating9366 reviews
Had a great trip (3rd time to SSJ + 1 time to SWO). Staff were all friendly, rooms and grounds were extremely clean. Gluten free options were clearly marked on the menus and there was even a section of breads and desserts in the buffet which were marked as gluten free. Starting to see more people reserve loungers at the pool and beach which was annoying. We had room 3243 (2nd floor) which was overlooking the St-James preferred pool and part of the beach.
We loved the variety of foods at breakfast and being serenaded every morning outside the restaurants. Matthew, the porter was ever so helpful and always remembered our names! Beautiful experience! Thank you
Just got back had a great time! Food was very good! People AMAZING! Shout out to Theo, and Hostess Shanai at Spoons, Also Dalaine AKA Rose! And one more valet Christopher at Club. 13 restaurants, 9 bars 3 properties to explore and amazing views!
Food was ok but all food delivered by room service was cold. The pools were very clean. Drinks were good and lots of bars. Listed activities usually did not happen. The $200 resort credit for paying all inclusive fees early was a few $40 certificates towards a spa service costing over $260. And the rest of the certificates were for $10 off a bottle of wine.
Great Experience at Secrets St. James - Preferred Club
We recently stayed at Secrets St. James - Preferred Club and enjoyed a wonderful 7 days in Jamaica. The highlight of our trip was the fantastic resort staff, each member of the resort staff we encountered were pleasant, friendly and welcoming, they each went above and beyond in different ways to ensure we were comfortable and that our requests and requirements were met. The upgrade to preferred club gave us access to all 3 resorts, St. James, Wild Orchid and Breathless with each resort providing a unique experience. The beaches were great, clean and organized. We spent most of our time at the beach with a few days at the different pool areas. Service in all locations at all times was great. In particular I would like to send a shout out to Chris Brown of the St. James Preferred Club, such a nice man always had a smile and a warm welcome. Also I would like to thank Mr. Richard Dixon the night manager of St. James, we had reason to contact Richard during our stay, Richard took care of our concerns promptly and professionally. Thank you Richard! We look forward to our next visit to Secrets Jamaica!