- The Cancellation Protection option offers pre departure protection for your travel investment.
- The Cancellation Protection option protects the cost of your vacation and protects you from all supplier cancellation penalties and any nonrefundable items, including the air cost.
- Sick child? The Cancellation Protection option allows you to cancel your vacation for any reason. No questions asked!
- Prior to your departure, the Cancellation Protection option includes coverage against inclement weather. If your city of origin or destination is affected by a hurricane, storm or flood, the Cancellation Protection option can be exercised to receive a full refund, less the cost of the protection coverage option.
- Customers who purchase the Cancellation Protection option have the flexibility of cancelling their vacation package up to two (2) hours prior to scheduled departure time.
Cancellation Protection option, Customers will receive a full refund of the package price, less the cost of the protection coverage option. Refunds will be distributed to the original form of payment within 30 days of receipt of refund request.
Pricing and Purchase Information
- The Cancellation Protection option must be purchased by all passengers on the record, including children ages 2 and older, children under 2 who have purchased an air seat, or any children staying as adults in a hotel room.
- Payment for the Cancellation Protection option is due with initial deposit/payment.
What is NOT covered?
- The Cancellation Protection option is nontransferable and nonrefundable once purchased.
- Failure to notify Southwest Airlines Vacations of a cancellation prior to departure (No Show).
- Situations in which the passenger was not allowed on the plane (Denied Boarding).
- The During Travel Protection option is nonrefundable and is not covered by Cancellation Protection.
- Substituting a passenger’s name with the name of another passenger is considered a cancellation of the original passenger. An increase in the per person package price due to the cancellation of one or more passengers is not covered by the Cancellation Protection option.
Example: Three people were originally booked to travel and stay in one room. One person cancels and the remaining two are rebooked in the same room at double occupancy which results in a price increase. In this case, the remaining passengers are subject to the new fare and the cancelled passenger will not receive a refund for the hotel portion.
PLEASE NOTE: THE PRE-TRAVEL WAIVER IS NOT INSURANCE. IT SHOULD NOT BE CONFUSED WITH OTHER MORE INCLUSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE PROGRAMS.