Disney FastPass+ service and MagicBands give you unprecedented control of your vacation, making it easier than ever to enjoy every moment with family and friends. After booking your Walt Disney World® Resort vacation package with Southwest Vacations, you'll receive information showing how you can link your Theme Park tickets, add friends and family to your plans, make your Disney FastPass+ selections, dining reservations, and more--all before you even get on your flight to Orlando! This incredible family of online tools provides recommendations to help you personalize your experience both at home and on the go.
Some features will only be available to Guests of select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels and others require valid theme park admission and online registration.
What is Disney FastPass+?
Service has always been a great way to enjoy Disney attractions with little or no wait. But here’s a new way to take FASTPASS
fun one step further.
Not only can you get to the fun quicker, you can also reserve access to some select Disney FastPass+
and entertainment experiences before you even leave home. You can make changes on the go – on your mobile device or at in-Park kiosks. You’ll discover more attractions than ever before to pick from. Plus, for the first time, you can even reserve access to special viewing areas for select Nighttime Spectaculars in addition to shows and Disney Character Experiences!
gives you the confidence of knowing some of your must-do fun is locked in, so that when you arrive all you have to do is concentrate on enjoying the moment with family and friends. And best yet, it’s all included with Theme Park admission.
How does Disney FastPass+ work?
Buy your tickets before you arrive and you can choose your FastPass+
experiences up to 30 days in advance of each day of your theme park visit. When you buy tickets in advance and book a stay at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+
selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay.
In advance, you can reserve up to three FastPass+
experiences per day at one theme park. On the day of your visit, you can make an additional selection on your mobile device or at an in-park kiosk once you have used your original selections.
What is a MagicBand?
and cards are secure all-in-one devices that allow you to effortlessly access the plans and vacation choices that you've made prior to leaving home.
are colorful, waterproof wristbands—resembling a watch or bracelet—that you can quickly and easily touch to a sensor called a touch point. You can use your card or MagicBand
- Unlock the door of your Disney Resort hotel room.
- Enter Theme and Water Parks (with valid admission).
- Check in at FastPass entrances.
- Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account.
- Charge food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room (only available during your hotel stay)
How do I know if I get a MagicBand?
Registered guests with valid theme park tickets staying onsite
at a Walt Disney World®
Resort Hotel will receive a MagicBand
. You are encouraged to keep your MagicBand
with your carry-on luggage so you have access to them immediately upon arrival.
If you’re staying offsite
at other Orlando area hotels and resorts, you will receive a radio frequency (RF)-enabled card and will have the opportunity to purchase a MagicBand
at one of several kiosks located throughout Walt Disney World®
Resort and Downtown Disney®
Cards work in a similar fashion to MagicBands
, but physically resemble a plastic credit card or driver’s license. Both options allow you to travel lighter throughout your vacation.
Can I customize my MagicBand?
has an innovative one-size-fits-all design that’s adjustable and has a peel away layer that reveals a band within the band that comfortably fits smaller wrists. MagicBand
is made from a type of high-quality rubber that is flexible, comfortable, and hypoallergenic. It does not contain latex. It also is both heat and water resistant for durability.
After you book your vacation package, you will have an opportunity to personalize your MagicBand
, depending on how far in advance you book and register your tickets online:
- More than ten days before arrival – Customize your MagicBand and have it shipped to your home address.4
- You will be able to add your name to it and also choose from eight colors - pink, blue, red, green, orange, gray, yellow, or purple.
- Between five and nine days before your arrival – Your MagicBand will be waiting for you at the Front Desk of your Disney Resort hotel.
- Within five days of arrival - You will receive a non-customized (two-tone gray) MagicBand when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel
If you choose not to customize your MagicBand
, you will receive a non-customized (two-tone gray) MagicBand
Anyone with a MagicBand
can also choose to further customize their MagicBand
by purchasing additional accessories available in select merchandise locations.
Is there a cost to receive a MagicBand?
The MagicBand will only be included with your vacation if you are a guest of a Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel; other guests will be able to use radio frequency-enabled ticket media and have the option to purchase a MagicBand.
If you choose not to register your theme park ticket online, make Disney FastPass+ selections in advance, or use a MagicBand or RF-enabled card, you can still enjoy a park experience but will not have access to some of the benefits of the program (e.g., securing favorite attractions or experiences in advance).
Why should I stay onsite at a Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel?
When you stay at a Disney Resort hotel, you can enjoy all that MyMagic+ has to offer—and get more magic out of your vacation!
- Early Access to Disney FastPass+ planning: Guests of select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels get the opportunity to reserve some Disney FastPass+ attractions, shows and more up to 60 days before they arrive! (All other Guests can choose FastPass+ experiences up to 30 days in advance.)
- Complimentary, customizable MagicBands: Included with your Disney Resort hotel stay, your MagicBand is the key to unlocking the magic. Use your all-in-one MagicBand to access Disney Theme Parks, unlock your Disney Resort hotel room, check-in at the FastPass+ entrance for attractions and entertainment you selected, make payments at shops and restaurants and link Disney PhotoPass photos to your Disney account. Plus, as a Disney Resort hotel Guest, you can personalize your MagicBand with your name and choice of 7 iconic colors! (Guests not staying at a Disney Resort hotel will have the option to purchase a MagicBand at select retail locations at Walt Disney World® Resort.)
Note: Valid Theme Park admission required. FastPass+ experiences, the number of selections you can make and availability are limited.
1Valid Theme Park admission and online registration is required. Disney FastPass+ experiences, the number of selections you can make, and arrival windows are limited.
2MagicBands are available to Guests staying at Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels. A credit card must be presented at Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel check-in for purchases made with MagicBand. Purchases are charged to your Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel account. Valid Theme Park admission is required to enter the Walt Disney World® Parks.
3Offsite guests will not have the ability to add their room key or credit card to their MagicBand. Once linked, their MagicBand will only have access to their theme park ticket and Disney FastPass+ information. Guests staying at the Walt Disney World® Swan or Walt Disney World® Dolphin Resort are not issued MagicBands.
4Only guests in the domestic United States are eligible to have their MagicBands shipped to their home. MagicBand shipment begins about 30 days prior to arrival.